2017 ALL-CON Friday Night Cosplay Contest
It’s Back! The ALL-CON Friday Night Cosplay contest hosted by CosPod. We are in our third year, and we are going to make this contest bigger and better than ever before. Join us Friday, March 17 at 7 PM for a contest you don’t want to miss.
And check it out - New Time! Now you don’t have a reason to skip out on entering or seeing the contest! With a 7 PM start, you’ll have plenty of time to dress up and jump in.
Cosplayers can sign up starting today. We recommend signing up early to avoid the on-site crowd. Once the entries fill up, we will have to close it. Follow the link to fill out the form: https://goo.gl/forms/aJIvbfrgbQWZc1LI2
On-site sign-ups will be made available at the convention starting Thursday, March 16 at the computer across from the Volunteer’s Table on the second floor. There will be 2 contests listed, so make sure to select the application for the Friday Night Cosplay Contest. The on-site application will close at 4 PM Friday, March 17. Any questions? Please contact email@example.com.
● Beginner: For first time cosplayers or for first time entries! Cosplayers in this category can not have won any major awards at any convention and need to have made or altered at least 50% of their costume.
● Intermediate: If you’ve been cosplaying for 1-3 years, have some contest experience or have won at least 1 major award at any convention, this is your category. Entries must have made or altered at least 50% of their costume.
● Advanced: The Advanced class is for cosplayers with more than 3 years of experience or have won at least 3 major awards from any convention. Entries must have made or altered at least 70% of their costume.
● Note: If you are modeling the costume but did not make it, you can compete. The individual/group who made your costume(s) must be available for pre-judging and the contest.
● Note 2: If you have purchased your costume, or it has not been modified to meet the 50% rule, you may walk the stage. You will only be eligible for Audience Favorite and a Judge’s Award (at their discretion).
There will be a Judge’s Award from each Judge (at the sole discretion of the judging team). One winner for each category. One winner for Audience Favorite (based on best reaction by crowd). One Grand Prize winner for Best In Show. Additional awards may be provided based on the number of entries. All decisions are final.
Judges: Azure Props, DestinyAiden Cosplay, and Ashley Ren.
Sponsors: Aradani Costumes and The Five Wits - Cosplay Wigs!
Audience Favorite: Certificate of Achievement and a $10 Jo-Ann’s Gift Card.
Judge’s Award: Certificate of Achievement and a $10 Jo-Ann’s Gift Card.
Category Winners: A $25 Gift Card to Aradani Costumes. A $25-$50 Gift Card to The Five Wits. A McCall’s Cosplay Pattern.
Best in Show: A $50 Gift Card to Aradani Costumes. A $75 Gift Card to The Five Wits. A McCall’s Cosplay Pattern. A Professional Airbrush Kit (compressor, 3 airbrushes, 6 paints, paint cleaner, brush stand, and more - worth over $250!).